Glendale Recycling Center
540 W. Chevy Chase Dr.
Glendale, CA 91204
Mon-Fri 7:30 am - 4:45 pm
Saturday 8:00 am- 3:00 pm
Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving Day: 7:30 am- 2:30 pm
Christmas Day and New Year's Day: CLOSED
All other holidays: Normal Business hours
The City of Glendale's Recycling Center is the central processing facility for materials collected in the City's Recycling Program. Sorting lines separate the recyclables at this Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) to create bales (cardboard, aluminum, etc.). Companies then buy these bales to make new products. Allan Company operates Glendale's Recycling Center. Watch a video at the Allan Company website to learn how a Materials Recovery Facility works.
The Recycling Center Pays Cash For The Following Recyclable Materials:
- Newspaper & Mixed Paper
- Scrap Metal-Aluminum, copper & stainless steel.
Drop Off The Following Items For Free (NOT PAID):
- TIN & BI-METAL CANS
- BEVERAGE CARTONS
- ELECTRONICS: Batteries (except car batteries), cables, CD players, cell phones, computers/towers, printers, radios, tablets, televisions, and vacuums
- GLASS BOTTLES & JARS
- PLASTIC BOTTLES & CONTAINERS: Margarine containers, milk jugs, mouthwash, plastic planters, shampoo, soda, shampoo, and yogurt containers
- PLASTIC (MISCELLAENOUS): Laundry baskets, non-electric plastic toys, plastic swimming pools and padded mailers with bubble wrap.
- SCRAP METAL: Brass, copper, copper wire, pans, pie tins, and wire hangers
The facility does NOT ACCEPT:
- Black Plastic
- Garden Hoses
- Light Bulbs
- Plastic Bags
- Medical Waste (Includes: Medications & Syringes)
- PVC Pipers
- Pane Glass
- Plastic Eating Utensils
- Radioactive Items
- STYROFOAM BLOCKS & PEANUTS
- Trash or Wood
Accounts Available For Businesses & Organizations
Large businesses, groups, and organizations can open special accounts at the Recycling Center. With an account, materials can be deposited and the cash value is recorded for payment monthly or on demand.
With an account, you can also authorize the Center to automatically donate cash received from recyclable materials to a designated charity.