The Technical Division Agricultural Engineering is a traditional rallying and contact point for the agricultural engineering sector which includes representatives of industry and science, administration and agricultural practice. The experts work actively in committees to plan conferences, elaborate Standards, generate future research fields and promote young talent.
This technical division cooperates with the German Agricultural Society (DLG), the Association for Technology and Structures in Agriculture (KTBL) and the German Engineering Association (VDMA).
Scientific-technical activities are developed in the following fields of agricultural engineering:
- Agricultural process engineering
- Agricultural civil engineering
- Agricultural ergonomics
- Horticultural engineering, land management
- Regenerative energies and biomass
- Environmental technologies
- Related fields such as municipal services equipment and household technology.
The Technical Division Agricultural Engineering is headed by the expert advisory board, which is chaired by the chairperson of the technical division. It is managed by the secretariat of the VDI Society Technologies of Life Sciences.