Trash Cart, Trash Bag & Bulk Item Services
Trash is picked up weekly on the same day as recycling and yard waste. Residents may choose to sign up for trash cart service or purchase city trash bags.
CART FYI from Lansing Public Service Dept. on Vimeo.
Place trash carts at the curbside no later than 7:00 a.m. on collection day. Please promptly remove carts from the curbside after collection day.
Convenient, heavy duty roll out trash carts for household refuse collection (blue city bags are not needed). Carts are available in the following sizes:
- 32 gallon = $42.00/3 months (holds 2-3 kitchen sized bags)
- 65 gallon = $46.00/3 months (holds 4-5 kitchen sized bags)
- 95 gallon = $52.00/3 months (holds 6-8 kitchen sized bags, plus an extra 3, 30 gallon bags accepted on side of cart)
- To sign up for service, call 517/483-4400. This is a pre-paid service. Carts will be delivered as soon as possible after quarterly payment is received.
- All trash must be bagged.
- No yard waste or recyclables please.
- No dirt, stones, rocks or dead animals. Please double bag all human waste (diapers) and animal waste
- NO hazardous waste, gasoline or other explosive materials, wet paint, herbicides, pesticides, hot ashes or coals.
City ordinance does not allow yard waste or recyclable materials to be mixed with trash.
City Trash Bags
Place trash bags at the curbside no later than 7:00 a.m. on collection day. There is a 30 pound weight limit on all bags.
The cost is $8.75 for a package of five bags (prices subject to change).
Residents may set out as many blue bags as necessary, provided each one weighs 30 pounds or less.
No dirt, stones, rocks or dead animals.
Please double bag all human waste (diapers) and animal waste
NO hazardous waste, gasoline or other explosive materials, wet paint, herbicides, pesticides, hot ashes or coals.
Large items over 30 pounds and/or longer than 4 feet in length, such as appliances and furniture must be tagged with a bulk collection sticker. Stickers are available at courtesy desks of many local grocery stores for $33.00 per sticker (prices subject to change)