Fort Worth provides monthly curbside collection at residential homes of items that are too large, heavy or bulky to fit in the brown garbage cart for normal garbage pickup.
The following items should not be set out as part of bulky item collection:
- No trash, garbage, rubbish, waste or any material of any kind in plastic bags
- No leaves, grass or other yard trimmings in plastic bags. These items should be set out in paper yard bags for weekly yard trimmings and brush collection.
- No contractor remodeling and demolition debris such as shingles, wallboard and lumber
- No dirt, rocks, concrete or ceramic tile
- No liquids, poisons or explosives
How much can you set out?
Bulky item pick-up is limited to 10 cubic yards (about eight feet long, six feet wide and six feet tall) at no extra charge to each household that receives curbside garbage and recycling collection. There is an extra charge for piles exceeding 10 cubic yards.
When do you put items at the curb?
Place bulky items on the curb by 7 a.m. Monday of your assigned week. You may place items on the curb as early as 6 p.m. the Friday before your assigned week. Crews have until the following Saturday at 5 p.m. to pick up bulky items.
After crews have collected on your street, do not place more bulky items on the curb until the next month on your designated week.
Report an issue by phone:
The call center is open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
Get collection reminders and look up how to dispose of waste on your smartphone with the new City of Fort Worth Garbage & Recycling app.