We hope you are looking forward to having the time of your life at the 2008 Global Conference! Here are some tips to help you plan, and make your visit smooth and hassle-free.
1. Please bring a print-out of your Registration Confirmation or Payment Receipt. At the very least, you must know your Registration Id or Reciept No.
2. You must also carry a Photo Id for registration. Since this is required for security reasons as well, please ensure that all members of your accompanying family also carry Photo Ids.
3. On arrival at the IITM campus, your first action should be to register. Please head to the Fitness Center for this purpose.
4. Please allow at least 15 minutes for registration.
5. We encourage you to register on Thursday (5pm onwards) to avoid the rush expected on Friday.
6. You will be provided with a Registration Badge, and a transparent pouch containing writing materials, a pocket guide with map, and instructions for use of the free WiFi and Info by SMS facilities.
7. The main Delegate Kit will be handed to you later while leaving the campus, since you cannot carry this with you into the conference venues for security reasons.
8. If you are a Speaker or Panelist, you may also proceed directly to your session venue. A student volunteer will be present there with your Registration Badge and other materials.
We are all getting used to the demands of heightened security, and hope that you will bear with the inconvenience.
1. Bags, laptops, cameras and similar items cannot be taken inside conference venues. Only ladies' handbags, cellphones, and the transparent pouch provided to you can be carried inside. All other items must be left in your car.
2. You may of course carry and use your laptops and cameras, but not inside the conference venues.
3. All members of your family must wear their Registration Badge or carry it with them at all times. Photo Ids must also be carried at all times.
4. Security checks, which may include frisking, will take place at the entrance to all conference venues, and may take up to 30 minutes, especially for the Plenary sessions at the SAC. Please allow yourself sufficient time for this.
1. Cars can only be parked at the designated parking area in the Stadium.
2. December weather in Chennai is highly conducive to walking between venues! Walking at a comfortable pace between any two conference venues will typically take from 4 to 12 minutes.
3. A limited bus service between venues is also available, but we recommend the exercise!
4. The pocket guide will contain a campus map showing all event venues. The map is also available online at http://www.paniit2008.org if you'd like to plan your movements in advance.
This information is only for those delegates on the Freedom Package, and those who have booked hostel accommodation online.
1. Women delegates will be accommodated at Sharavathy Hostel, and men at Mahanadhi. Please proceed directly to the respective hostel on arrival.
2. The seven floors at Mahanadhi (elevators available!) will be allotted IIT-wise to make it easier for you to find your buddies.
3. All rooms in both hostels are on single occupancy basis only.
4. Mattresses, sheets, pillows and blankets are provided. Please bring your own towels and toiletries. Hot water will be available, but as you will recall, all toilets are common!
5. Hostel residents will be served breakfast at Himalaya.
1. All meals will be served at the Himalaya Dining Hall.
2. Your registration fee includes dinner on Thursday, lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday, and lunch on Sunday, along with coffee/ tea served at selected venues in between.
3. Useful services on campus include 3 ATMs (SBI, Canara Bank, and ICICI Bank), post office, medical facilities with ambulance service, Day Care for kids under 12 from 09:00 to 17:00, access to free WiFi, and Info by SMS.
4. FCm, our travel partner, will run a travel counter on campus. They will also run a Welcome Desk at the domestic arrivals area of Chennai airport on Thursday and Friday.
Welcome Desk at Airport: +91 98409 57544
Travel Counter on Campus: +91 98409 57520 (Ismail)
'Talking Point', the conference blog, has been available on the website for several weeks, and is managed by OMLogic, our blogging partner. We are looking for delegates to join the team in providing extensive live blogging coverage during the conference. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
If you need any further information or clarifications, please email us at email@example.com with "Need Info" in the subject line.
We hope you will have as much fun during the conference as we've had organizing it. We look forward to meeting you soon!
PanIIT 2008 Action Group