The Region of Waterloo's Waste Management Division provides residentialin all seven area municipalities - the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo and the townships of North Dumfries, Wilmot, Wellesley, and Woolwich. The Waste Management Division also operates the Region's one The Division is committed to excellent and responsive service while reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
We are here to help! If you cannot find the waste management information you are looking for on this or on our other web pages, please contact our office at 519-575-4400 or by
Introducing My-Waste app - Collection information and reminders at your fingertips!
This new, free app is for homeowners in Waterloo Region with curbside collection. It offers:
- easy-to-find waste information and
- a quick set up for set-out reminders for our collection programs.
Download this free app from the App Store or Google Play. Blackberry users can access my-waste functions via Pingstreet, available through Blackberry World. An online version is available, too!
Reduce time and waste. Get the app!
Household hazardous waste depot is now open at the Cambridge Transfer station!
The Cambridge Waste Management site is now accepting a wide range of, located at 201 Savage Dr., Cambridge, Monday to Saturday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on statutory holidays.
How to prepare for collection on a windy day
Our changeable weather can include windy conditions. Help prevent litter by following these Thanks for keeping our community clean!
3 tips for keeping your containers collectable in wintery weather
- Keep it visible and accessible: Shovel snow, and place your items at the end of your driveway, not on top of snowbanks. Green bins, blue boxes and garbage cans placed on top of or behind snowbanks, on sidewalks, or buried in the snow pose a safety hazard to pedestrians, vehicles and our collection crews. If you shovel a ledge in the snowbank for your blue box, please make sure it's on the road-side, not the sidewalk-side.
- Don't set items to the curb the night before collection if a storm is expected. Place your items at the curb by 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Write your address on your collection containers in permanent marker. This makes it easier for them to be returned..
Keeping informed just got easier with eNews!
for the Waste Management Division electronic newsletter to get recycling tips, seasonal collection details, upcoming events, and so much more.