- Certificate of Appreciation for Efforts as Executive Committee Member, Symposium on Automated Agriculture for the 21st Century, ASAE-the Society for Engineering in Agricultural, Food, and Biological Systems, 1991.
- Certificate of Appreciation for Contribution to the Workshop on Controlled Environment Agriculture, Taiwan Agricultural Mechanization Research & Development Center, 1991.
- Best paper award, K.C. Ting, G.A. Giacomelli, W. Fang, 1993, Decision Support System for Single Truss Tomato Production, XXV CIOSTA-CIGR V Congress, May 10-13, Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- Best paper award, G.B. Bolkestein, K.C. Ting, 1993, Assuring Completeness of Transplanted Seedling Flats Using a Robot, The Twenty-Fourth National Agricultural Plastics Congress, June 4-8, The American Society for Plasticulture.
- Completed ESCOP/ACOP Leadership Development Course organized by Experiment Station Committee on Organization and Policy, Academic Committee on Organization and Policy and the USDA Cooperative State Research Service, 1993-1994
- Honorary Professor of the National Bio-Environment Engineering Laboratory of the Ministry of Agriculture, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China, 1996
- Leader of the Systems Studies & Modeling Team within the New Jersey NASA Specialized Center of Research and Training (NJ-NSCORT), 1996-2000
- Editor of Information and Electrical Technologies Division of Transactions of the ASAE and Journal of Applied Engieering in Agriculture, 1996-2000
- 1997 Cook College/Alpha Zeta Professor of the Year, Rutgers University.
- Served on Publications Council of the ASAE, 1997-2003.
- Co-editor of a special issue of Artificial Intelligence Review on Artificial Intelligence for Biology and Agriculture published by Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of outstanding service for authoring "Robotics for Bioproduction Systems", July 20, 1999.
- Japanese Government Research Awards for Foreign Specialists (Science and Technology Agency), 40 days (November 1-December 10, 1999) exchange visit at the National Research Institute of Agricultural Engineering, Tsukuba, Japan.
- Certificate of Appreciation for serving as Division Editor during 1996-2000, ASAE-Society for Engineering in Agricultural, Food, and Biological Systems.
- Fellow of ASABE (American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers), inducted July 2001.
- Fellow of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), elected July 2002.
- Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of a series of presentations delivered based on the Advisory Program organized from September 8th to September 18th, 2003 at Mie University, Japan.
- Honorary Theme Editor, UNESCO Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems for the theme "Systems Analysis and Modeling in Food and Agriculture", Feb 2004.
- Guest Chair Professor, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2006
- Fellow of Food Systems Leadership Institute, 2006-2008
- ASABE Kishida International Award, Providence, Rhode Island, July 2008
- ASABE James R. and Karen A. Gilley Academic Leadership Award, August 2011
Texas A&M AgriLife center goes green | Department of ...
67th Orientation Program for students of Department of ...
BAEN 100 Seminar - Edward A. Hiler | Department of ...