The Public Works Department's Bulky Waste Pick Up Program is part of a continuing effort to improve the quality of life for allSpringdaleresidents. Less garbage sitting around will provide a safer place for all residents to work and play and keep the city looking its best.
To Schedule a Bulky waste pick up, follow these simple steps:
- Call our office the week before you're ready to have your items picked up. Phone # 479.750.8135.
- Read and understand what is and is not allowed to be put out for Bulky waste.
- When you call to schedule, you will be instructed to wait until the upcoming weekend to place your items out by the curb and our bulky waste crew will come by to pick up between Monday and Friday of the following week (we are unable to schedule for a specific day).
What items can be picked up?
Bulky waste items include: (for a combined 8 cubic yards / per pickup. See example)
- furniture (Maximum of 4 mattress per calendar year and 2 Sofas/Loveseats per calendar year)
- white goods (appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, water heaters, washing machines, dryers) ALL FREON MUST BE REMOVED AND ITEM TAGGED BY PROFESSIONAL BEFORE CITY WILL PICK UP
- tires without rims (4max. Per calendar year)
- tree cuttings (must be no more than 5 ft. in length) * see note below on "For Hire" tree trimming services
- construction materials limited to 1 cubic yard or less per pick up or 2 cubic yards once per year.
Ordinance 102.1 Bulky waste items include furniture, white goods (appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, water heaters, washing machines, dryers), tree cuttings (must be no more than 5 ft. in length) and construction materials limited to 1 cubic yard or less
What will NOT be allowed?
- Garbage (food and kitchen waste)
- no trash bags or other bagged items
- Cardboard or other recyclables
- free liquids such as paint or chemicals
- televisions or computers
- Any tree trimmings cut and left by any for hire service
- Bagged yard waste; leaves, gumballs, bushes, etc.
If any of these items are included in your Bulky Waste nothing will be picked up until they are removed.
Ordinance 102.1Tree trimmings, large branches, wood or limbs resulting from the pruning or removal of trees by tree service companies or individuals engaged in such service for hire is not defined as bulky waste. The removal of such items is the responsibility of the owner, occupant, tenant or lessee of the property.
Are all residents able to use this service?
Unfortunately, not everyone will be able to take advantage of this service. Residents must be able to provide proof of residency by a copy of your water bill. Also, apartment complexes and mobile home parks with more than five (5) units are not eligible for bulky waste pickup.
How often can I schedule a pickup?
The Springdale Public Works Department will collect up to eight (8) cubic yards of bulky waste per residential structure, twice per calendar year. If the bulky waste pile exceeds 8 cubic yards, residents can choose to combine the two bulky waste pickups into one pickup of up to 16 cubic yards.
Am I allowed to Schedule a pickup for a neighbor, family member or tenant?
No. We will not schedule a pick up for a neighbor, family member or a tenant without their prior approval.
What if I have more than the allowable amount?
You have the option of disposing of the excess on your own or we can schedule a time to pick up the rest for a fee.
* To find out more about our fee amount please read the following from Ordinace 102 or contact the Public Works Dept. at 479-750-8135.
102.6 (b)Households with more than sixteen cubic yards of bulky waste may inquire aboutthe Public Works Deparment's paid bulky waste service. The cost for this service is $18.75 per cubic yard and there is a minimum eight cubic yard charge of $150. An approval form signed by the property owner, occupant, tenant or lessee is required for removal of excess bulky waste.