Please have your recycling roll cart & bin curbside by 6:00am on your service day.
Recycling is picked up ever other week. We recommend that you wait until the cart is full to bring it to the curb.
|Mixed Recycling Cart|
Place the following items together in your mixed recycling container
Clean paper and cardboard, including
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Paper Bags
- Cereal, cracker & shoe boxes
- Paper egg cartons
- Notebook paper, computer paper, file folders, stationery
- Wrapping paper (No foil, plastic coating or tape)
- Milk and juice cartons
- Soup and broth cartons
- Yogurt-type containers (6 oz. or larger)
- Rigid plant pots (4 in. or larger)
- Buckets (5 gal. or smaller)
- Plastic bottles (6oz. or larger)
- Plastic jugs
- Metal cans. Place the lid inside the can and crimp shut to hold the lid inside.
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Empty aerosol cans
- Small Scrap Metal Pieces (No larger than 30 inches. Weight limit 30 pounds.)
|Glass is NOT accepted curbside|
Bring it to the Columbia County Transfer Station for recycling.
Is accepted at the Transfer Station for no charge (limit container-size to 5-gallons; place in clean, leak proof container).
Monday - Saturday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1601 Railroad Avenue
St. Helens, OR 97051
For more information about accepted materials, rates, hazardous waste collection events and other recycling information, visit the Columbia County website.
|Beyond Curbside Recycling|
Waste Management offers convenient mail-in collection programs for batteries, electronics, sharps, toner cartridges and compact fluorescent light bulbs. Call 800-808-5901 or visit for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact Waste Management Customer Service at 1 800 808-5901 or e-mail us at Waste Management Customer Service.