Single-family residences (4 units or less) are eligible for 1 free pick-up per calendar year.
1. Visit to find ideas on how to best reuse or recycle bulky items.
2. To discard items that are not reusable or recyclable, call Waste Management of Alameda County (WMAC)
to schedule a pick-up. Appointments are not available the first two weeks of January when Holiday Tree Collection is in effect. Schedule appointmentss in advance. Requests made at the end of the calendar year may not be fulfilled within the calendar year.
3. Residents are limited to 7 cubic yards per set-out. You will be charged for excess materials.
4. Place items within 3 feet of the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day. Do not set items out more than 24 hours in advance. Do not block the street or sidewalk.
Acceptable Items (for which every effort will be made to recycle):
- Appliances, TVs & electronics
- Household furniture
- Scrap metal
- Tires – up to 4 car or light truck tires separated from rims
- Yard trimmings – bundled for composting
- Concrete, rocks, bricks, dirt
- Construction or demolition debris
- Hazardous waste
- Sharps (syringes & needles)
- Used motor oil & filters
Non-recyclable and non-compostable items will be sent to the landfill. Please bag, box, bundle to contain trash.
No items over 75 pounds (expect for furniture and appliances) will be accepted.
Call WMAC to Schedule a Free Bulky Goods Pick-Up 510-537-5500
Residential ServicePhone: 510-537-5500
Hours of OperationMon - Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm