Agriculture Engineering College and Research Institute

October 18, 2016


Research Institute

[photo, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland] 1102 Francis Scott Key Hall, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, MD 20742 - 7311

The College of Arts and Humanities traces to 1918, when the Division of Language and Literature organized. In 1919, it reformed as the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Liberal Arts joined with the School of Chemistry in 1921 to become the College of Arts and Sciences. In 1972, the College disbanded with the creation of the Division of Arts and Humanities. When the Division was abolished in 1986, the College organized under its present name.

Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, August 2003. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.

A. V. Williams Building, Room 3400, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, MD 20742

In 2010, the College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences formed from the merger of two colleges: the College of Chemical and Life Sciences, and the College of Computer, Mathematical and Physical Sciences.

The College of Chemical and Life Sciences had originated as the Division of Agriculture and Life Sciences in 1973, and reorganized as the College of Life Sciences in 1986. From 2005 to 2010, it was named the College of Chemical and Life Sciences.

The College of Computer, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, in turn, had started in 1973 as the Division of Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. It reorganized as the College of Computer, Mathematical and Physical Sciences in 1986 and retained that name until 2010.

[photo, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland]Ten departments offer programs in the College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences: Astronomy; Atmospheric and Oceanic Science; Biology; Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics; Chemistry and Biochemistry; Computer Science; Entomology; Geology; Mathematics; and Physics.

Benjamin Building, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, MD 20742

In 1918, the College of Education began as the Division of Vocational Education. In 1919, it reformed as the School of Education and, in 1921, as the College of Education.

Undergraduate, master's and doctoral programs are offered at the College through three departments: Counseling, Higher Education and Special Education; Human Development and Quantitative Methodology; and Teaching and Learning, Policy, and Leadership.

Mowatt Lane & Campus Drive, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, MD 20742

In 1967, the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation formed as the School of Architecture. From 1972 until 1986, it was housed within the Division of Arts and Humanities. It received its present name in 2000.

The School offers an undergraduate program in Architecture; and graduate programs in Architecture, International Studies in Architecture, Historic Preservation, and Urban Studies and Planning.

Source: msa.maryland.gov
RESOURCES
RELATED VIDEO
Dilkap research institute of engineering and management
Dilkap research institute of engineering and management ...
Datta Meghe Institute of Engineering, Technology & Research
Datta Meghe Institute of Engineering, Technology & Research
The Hasso Plattner Institute: Teaching and Research in IT
The Hasso Plattner Institute: Teaching and Research in IT ...

RELATED FACTS
Share this Post